Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Presenting...Athens



I quite like the fact that since I put in an email contact at the top of this page bands and artists are coming to me, as well as me having to go to them. However, I'm still wading through a lot there and on my MySpace page, so please bear with me...

One such band whose attention I've been drawn to are a band called Athens. Neither Greek nor from Georgia, they are a five piece from Chicago. They do a fantastic style of American indie-rock, which for me evokes early REM, Wilco, Arcade Fire...and also, on this first track here, I hear quite a bit of the Go-Betweens, the second finest Australian act ever. They are currently unsigned, but hopefully that should change...

I thought I'd focus on some new music today; so, please let me know what you think.

Athens -'Dreams, eternity etc..' mp3

Athens -'Assshaker.' mp3

As ever, if you like what you hear, please go and make friends with them over at their MySpace.

No comments: