Monday, January 07, 2008

Parka: Disco dancers? If ya wanna...



I'd not even heard of this band before today, I really must pay more attention... : ))

Parka hail from Glasgow, are signed to Jeepster (who originally signed both Belle and Sebastian and Snow Patrol), and are now London-based. OK, I grant you that name doesn't sound great, but the songs are fab, and they're playing all over the UK in the next three months (just check their mySpace). They have released two singles so far, 'If you Wanna', back last May, and the 'Disco Dancer' single which came out today.

I'll be honest, I really like what I've heard so far, so I'm not going to post the original versions, but give you a taster of what they have to offer:

Parka -'If You Wanna (XFM acoustic session).' mp3

Parka -'Disco Dancer (Si McEvoy's Trash Fash remix).' mp3(Website mp3)

Parka -'The Glass.' mp3 (From The Disco Dancer single)

Parka -'Closing Time.' mp3 (From MySpace)

Make friends at their MySpace here and visit their website here

No comments: