Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Friendly Fires



Another new-ish band I have been meaning to post on for a while, and actually heard before Christmas...but anyway.

I'm not an authority on Friendly Fires but they sound pretty great to these ears. if you are a fan of where indie attitude meets ear-freidngly electronica with a few Talking Heads influences thrown in, then you should definitely give them a listen. Particularly if you like Hot Chip -though no doubt someone out there can explain to me why they are nothing like Hot Chip. There are a couple of singles/EPs available through either eMusic or iTunes but no album as yet.

See what you think...bit of a brief post tonight as the drive home took three hours and I am braindead.

Friendly Fires - 'On Board.' mp3

Friendly Fires -'Paris.' mp3

Let me know what you make of them...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooooooooh, like it.

Reminds me more of Shriekback, somewhere around "Mercy Dash" or "Fish Below the Ice".

thanks for this!

Craig C

Ed said...

You are welcome, sir!