Thursday, April 10, 2008

Presenting...We Do Not Negotiate With Terrorists



The snappily named We Do Not Negotiate With Terrorists cite their main interest as Withnail and I, 17 Seconds' favourite ever film (no, I really never tire of mentioning this), and also list Echo & The Bunnymen, The Specials, Gang Of Four, The Charlatans, The Smiths, The Clash, The Fall, Blondie, The Cure, Dexies Midnight Runners as amongst their other indfluences. Great tunes, snappy image, bags of just the right sort of attitude...Really, what is not to love about this Manchester band? Currently unsigned...but I can't believe it will stay that way for long.

Hell, if I had my own radio show, I'd play 'em. Sigh...

We Do Not Negotiate With Terrorists - 'Turn and Run.' mp3

We Do Not Negotiate With Terrorists -'Wrong Eyes.' mp3

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

how come you about a new band on my doorstep before i do? these sound good, still some polish (that's as in furniture not polski) needed on the songs in my humble opinion but i'll check them out live once solicitors stop draining my bank account like cash orientated vampires.
A.J

Ed said...

they asked to be my friend on MySpace.

Hope the moving is going well...

Ed

PS Cash orientated vampires -ouch!

Unknown said...

you know that inevitably, they will one day have a record banned on the BBC because of some incident somewhere on the planet...but I suppose that's the whole point of it.

Anonymous said...

Nice spot Ed, lots of good stuff going on in there :)

cheers, Craig

Ed said...

JC -very true. Life is full of those 'records that should not be played at certain times' or 'not to be played on hospital radio (first cut is the deepest, take my breath away), but i guess, like you say that's the point.

Craig -glad you like it, Sir!

Ed

Anonymous said...

Consider them on a Radio Show this week.

Ed said...

Excellent! Let us all know when you do it!

Ed said...

Excellent! Let us all know when you do it!

Anonymous said...

Somewhere in the mix for this coming Wednesday, 16th April, 10pm-Midnight BST/UK

www.ErrorFM.com

½DC