Tuesday, April 29, 2008

More Peel, Vicar?



Just a quick post today, before watching Doctor Who on Catch-up TV. Mrs. 17 Seconds is watching Britain's next Top Model and I am taking the opportunity to root around for stuff I still need to complete those Peel playlists. So with my emusic subscription renewed, why not share a few of the slightly more obscure tracks I've located?

Bongwater -'Nick Cave Dolls.' mp3 (1991 Festive Fifty no.50)

Buffalo Tom -'Tail Lights Fade.' mp3 (1992 Festive Fifty no.45)

Field Mice -'Missing the Moon.' mp3 (1991 Festive Fifty no.45)

Mercury Rev -'Car Wash Hair.' mp3 (1991 Festive Fifty no.49)

Therapy? -'Teethgrinder.' mp3 (1992 Festive Fifty no.33 )

Tuscadero -'Angel In A Half Shirt.' mp3 (1994 Festive Fifty no.49)

And as always, as I promised him I wouldn't put him out of business, check out Teenage Kicks for Steve's excellent insight into it all!

See you soon, Ed

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

great post, i have a cool roky erickson cover by bongwater and therapy? in their pomp, good stuff but music pales into insignificance tonight, united have made the final, i'm on the net because my missus has now commandeered the telly as the match has finished
A.J
P.S the last episode of dr who was excellent

Ed said...

Thought this post might appeal, A.J.

The episode of Dr. Who was indeed excellent.

So It Goes said...

Too kind, my man, too kind. Must call you at the weekend to chew the fat some more.

Ed said...

Will look forward to it!

Ed

Anonymous said...

I've always been disappointed by the fact that Buffalo Tom never really gets/got (yeah, English major, hello) the attention they deserve. I noticed the lead singer is now a real estate agent when he is not rocking out. I still love them, and am so glad you mentioned them on your blog.
Laurie

Ed said...

No worries laurie, good to have you here!

Ed

Anonymous said...

Hehe

That bloody next top model thing plagues our TV as well

How many more top models do we need

Good choice of tunes as well

Neil

Ed said...

I wouldn't say it plagues our house...everyone has their own way of unwinding. Glad you like the tunes.

Ed