Saturday, April 05, 2008

17 Seconds' Readers rule!



17 Seconds is fortunate to have some very wonderful readers indeed.

Not only has one reader offered to send me a copy of Crawdaddy by the Darling Buds until I can get my mucky paws on a vinyl copy, but another reader, Graeme, has re-sent a copy of 'Vegetable Man' the Jesus and Mary Chain cover that I posted yesterday, only in m4a, which not everyone can access.

Jesus and Mary Chain -'Vegetable Man (Syd Barrett cover).' mp3

Bless you all. There will be more to follow (currently making my way through a mountain of marking...)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is actually a Barrett-era Pink Floyd cover. While they did record the song, it hasn't been legitimately released. I have an MP3 of it playing on the radio that I should put up sometime. The Soft Boys have also covered (and released) this song.

Ed said...

Will have to investigate those...

Ed

Anonymous said...

the pedantic floyd fan is right, i seem to remember the original being pretty good. I actually won on the national today, for the first time in 38, nearly 39, years, woo hoo
A.J

Anonymous said...

I was the guy who couldn't download the original posting, so thanks to everyone for this. Ive been trying to find it for some time. I'm also a teacher- bet I've got more marking to do than you have.

Ed said...

Quite possibly -but glad to have helped you find the missing track!

Ed

Anonymous said...

And as the guy who sent the mp3 version, I'm also a teacher!

I've spent the weekend marking some coursework and I've got some moderation work (from other schools...as if I didn't have enough of my own) to do over the next 3 weeks or so...still, it's extra money.

..and despite all this, I still find the time to help you out.

Ed said...

Thanks once again, Graeme, much appreciated. I'm surprised that the song hasn't been re-issued, but I and the other teacher (what is it about teachers and blogs?!) are very grateful, and as for all the other people who downloaded it without commenting...GRRR!

Ed

Anonymous said...

Teaching-Mary Chain interace is go!