Friday, March 07, 2008

Album Review: Rosie Taylor Project



Rosie Taylor Project -'This City Draws Maps.' (Bad Sneakers Records)

This album isn't released for over a month, but I've been impressed enough with this that I feel I have to share with you just how great it is. This is a beautiful dreamy eight track album that drwas upon the promise of last summer's debut single 'Black and White Films' and opens with their contribution to the In The City compilation 'The Sun On My Right.'

I could sit here reeling off names that you might link with this, but let's just say that it's not just another twee-pop band, and I'm starting to feel so strongly about this band and this album that I think it might deflect attention that I would rather was on them, frankly. There is so much more here on offer. The next single 'A Good Cafe On George Street' which hopefully will get the sales and airplay it so definitely deserves. Album closer 'The Water's Edge' which has a brief trumpet intro that could melt your heart at a thousand paces - and that's before the vocals kick in. These tracks are so simple, so beautiful...and yet so affecting.

I've played this several times this week already, and I love it more with every listen. When it's released, I'm sure you will to. Believe me, it will be worth the wait. A contender for one of the best albums of 2008.

****1/2

Bad Sneakers' webpage is here

Rosie Taylor Project's MySpace is here

I know I've posted it here before but it's such a great track:

Rosie Taylor Project -'The Sun On My Right.' mp3

If you want to hear more, head to the MySpace...and leave me feedback!

2 comments:

MFM said...

I love these guys.
The lovely people of Bad Sneakers sent me a copy to review, I'll be posting mine within the next week :)

Ed said...

This is one of my favourite albums so far this year, hope you like it!

Ed