Saturday, May 31, 2008

To love but never to be in Love



I'd received an email earlier today asking if I could re-post 'Geek Love' the 1992 Festive Fifty no.1, and I thought, why not post the entire EP? Especially seeing as the Evesham four-piece's back catalogue seems to be unavailable.

This track is utterly sublime, and if you have never heard it before, I hope you like it. There are one or two crackles in the vinyl, but I think the sound quality is pretty good on the whole.

I will also soon post the remixes sent to me by my reader Max, when I have converted them into mp3s. Thanks for them, Max, never seen them anywhere else!

Speaking of posting unavailable stuff, I will be putting up a couple of albums by artists which I think are great but are unavailable in the UK on any format. Watch this space...


Bang Bang Machine -'Geek Love.' mp3

Bang Bang Machine -'Flower Horse.' mp3

Bang Bang Machine -'The Fuck Machine.' mp3


An unofficial Bang Bang Machine website

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this Ed, been looking for it for a while, although an mp3 is a poor substitute it will have to do.

cheers,

Drew

Ed said...

I hear it goes for a fair bit on ebay these days...

Ed

Dirk said...

A neat record indeed! Drew: should you be interested in a mint/mint copy, just let me know!

Cheers,

Dirk
(www.sexy-loser.blogspot.com)

Ed said...

And it's an excellent blog too, worth checking out.

Ed

Dirk said...

Cheers, Ed! Thanks for your compliment!!

Dirk

Ed said...

no worries, dirk! I've mainly got the word around about 17 seconds by othe rfolks being nice, so try to return the favour.

Ed

Chris said...

Thanks for posting this - but I can't seem to click on the links. Any ideas what i'm doing wrong? I had the pleasure of interviewing the band for a radio station way back when - they were a lovely bunch...

Ed said...

Chris - as I don't own the copyright to any of the tracks I post here, I removed them after two weeks. Sorry!

Ed

Ed said...

Chris - as I don't own the copyright to any of the tracks I post here, I removed them after two weeks. Sorry!

Ed