Thursday, May 29, 2008

New Sigur Ros



A bit in your face? Yup, everyone's favourite Icelandic band since the Sugarcubes and a band who have their own slant on ethereal return with a new track and a new album entitled með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust. According to their website this translates as With A Buzz In Our Ears We Play Endlessly. I think the title reminds me of Liars

The track, available for free, is called 'Gobbledigook.' Unkind folks might point out the irony of Sigur Ros' first title to be comprehensible to many being called Gobbledigook, but given that very few 17 Seconds readers have so far demonstarted an ability to speak Icelandic, maybe they should keep quiet. It's not particularly ethereal by their standards, and sounds like there's a bit of thigh-slapping going on, but if I'm being honest, I'd always want to hear the latest thing from Sigur Ros. They are that good.

See what you think...

Sigur Ros -'Gobbledigook.' mp3

Check their website for the rather erotic video (if you're over 18, obviously) and for more news etc..
Websites include www.sigur-ros.co.uk and www.sigurros.com

here for more Sigur Ros mp3s

4 comments:

Girl said...

I loved the fact that the song is titled Gobbledigook because, really, that's what their music is like.

Mind you it's beautiful, touching and ethereal gobbledigook most of the time.

Simon said...

I downed this yesterday. I think it's really good, although I prefer their more floaty stuff. It reminds me a bit of Kate Bush on the Hounds Of Love album, which I love, so I'm looking forward to the album.

Ed said...

jag -absolutely. gobbledigook is much underrated! and it's meaningful in its own way...

Simon Cannot wait for album, desperate to hear it...

Simon said...

They are simply superb. One of my favourites of the past few years. Just dreamy..