Saturday, September 06, 2008

Can anyone out there help?!



Received an email from a regular reder today who asked me: " Do you know anything about The Royal We/1990's split single Sorry For Laughing/Poor Old Soul?"

Now, unfortunately I don;t but can anyone out there help? If it is not an urban myth then it's not on emusic or itunes. If anyone can help, please get in touch...

Anyway, it gives me the opportunity to post a track a piece by these bands.

1990s -'You Made Me Like It.' mp3

The Royal We -'Three is A Crowd.' mp3

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Its no urban myth....

http://soundofyoungscotland.blogspot.com/2008/01/royal-we-1990s.html

Havent yet heard them myself mind you.

Ed said...

Cheers, will investigate.

Ed

Christophe said...

Hi Ed.

Hope you're well - decided to take a quick peek at your blog and I see I can be of service here...I have a copy of said split 7". I think it was released and manufactured by the folks at Glasgow's now sadly defunct Hitherto gallery/shop (that's where I bought my copy too) as part of the Six Cities design festival last year and (as the tracks suggest) is a tribute to Postcard Records.

Very nice it is too...

Cheers...Christophe.

Ed said...

Cheers, Christophe, sounds like yet another fine place has gone down the tubes...

Ed

david said...

Yay! At least we know it exists now
Boo! Still not heard it :(

Ed said...

It's going to be up to some nice kind soul who can help us...

Ed

Anonymous said...

e-mail me P.J.Hubbard@lboro.ac.uk and I can help out!

Unknown said...

and when it arrives Master Ed, please be generous enough to pass a copy over here.

Oh and before Hiterto closed, myself and Comrade Colin managed to catch a solo acoustic set in that tiny space by Stevie Jackson (Belle & Sebastian) at some art-type festival earlier this year

Ed said...

Sure thing, JC!

Ed