Monday, September 15, 2008

Autumn...




It's here. My favourite time of year. A time when everything seems to be changing.

It's been a long weekend. Long, in the sense of 'I've had mroe than just Saturday and Sunday off.' Long in so many ways...

There's a huge pile of CDs to be reviewed, Glasvegas' debut didn't get to no.1 and I'm frazzled. But hey...

Ash, one of Mrs. 17 Seconds' favourite bands, released this track ten years ago on their Nu-Clear Sounds LP. To me, it sounds like autumn. It was never a single, at least in the UK, but hearing it again reminds me of how much has changed in that time, and how much is, thankfully, still the same.

Ash - Folk Song.' mp3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed that. I think I shall add an Ash album (probably 1977 but perhaps Nu-Clear Sounds) to the list of cds I ought to pick up when I'm next financially crippling myself in fopp.

Ed said...

Glad you liked it, Nu-clear sounds is underrated, though my favourite Ash album is probably still Free All Angels.

Ed