Sunday, November 04, 2007

Oh, roll on the summer



(MIA -a likely candidate for 17 Seconds' Top Fifty Albums of 2007)

It's November in Edinburgh, the shops are already getting Christmasy, and I'm very envious of any animal that gets to hibernate. Hey ho...

Anyway, how about some sounds for you? I'm trying to work out what my end of year best of list will include. It's likely to be as last year with a festive fifty of tracks and this year more than just a top ten of albums. And then, of course, how do you decide how 43 is better than 44? The list -which is my personal list, rather than any fashionistas', is likely to include Liars, Rihanna, Malcolm Middleton, PJ Harvey, Emma Pollock, The Shins, and Battles, amongst many others. It is probably unlikely to feature the latest albums by Hard-Fi or Low (which I looked forward to, then couldn't get into).

These have also cheered up 17 Seconds Towers of late:

Bricolage -'The Waltzers.' mp3

Maximo Park -'Girls Who Play Guitars.' mp3

Sister Vanilla -'Can't Stop The Rock.' mp3

The Wombats -'Let's Dance To Joy Division.' mp3

It may be worth letting any newcomers know that it certainly isn't just indieindieindie round these parts though:

Wiley -'5050.' mp3

MIA -'Pickle Down The River.' mp3

As always, these will be up for a week only (less if my bandwith gets exceeded). If you like the artists involved, please support them by buying their music, going to gigs and helping spread the word.

2 comments:

So It Goes said...

You mean, you DON'T like Christmas, Ed????

Ed said...

Oh, I like Christmas, it's the lack of natural light that makes me feel low. Then of course, I moan when it's too hot in the summer. But hey...