Saturday, October 06, 2007

Scots indie!



When I first started this blog, about fifteen months ago, one of my main aims was making scottish indie as high profile as possible.

Arguably since then, I have diversified a little -folk, death metal, grime and even a little classical have made their way onto these pages.

However, my bandwith is about to be exceeded -again! and so I thought I would do a post the old-fashioned way, and about music I am passionate about, with or without regard to fashion.

Some of these you may know, others you won't. Some are well-known, others less so, some bands are gone, some new, some just beginning. But enjoy...

Arab Strap -'Love Detective.' mp3

Belle And Sebastian -'Funny Little Frog.' mp3

Isobel Campbell -'Amorino.' mp3

Franz Ferdinand -'Darts Of Pleasure.' mp3

Delgados -'American Trilogy.' mp3

Mogwai -'Dial:Revenge.' mp3 (featuring Gruff Rhys from Super Furry Animals, it's a celtic thing, you understand!)

Sons and Daughters -'Johnny Cash.' mp3

Teenage Fanclub -'What You Do To me.' mp3

Twilight Sad -'That Summer, At Home I Had Become The Invisible Boy.' mp3

1990s -'You're Supposed To Be My Friend.' mp3

Enjoy.

have a good weekend!

2 comments:

Imposs1904 said...

Saw Sons & Daughters and The 1990s in New York earlier this year, where they were playing as part of *cough* Tartan Week.

Loved the between song banter of The 1990s, but it was the energy of the Sons & Daughters that carried it.

Ed said...

Haven't seen 1990s live yet, but have seen Sons and Daughters seven times over the last four years. The energy certainly carries it, and the smouldering passion between the singers is even better!