Friday, October 12, 2007

2007...pretty good year for music so far



Thank goodness -I'm now off school for two and a half weeks. I may even be feeling human at the end of it all.

I know I often post covers on a Friday, but I thought today I would post a handful of tracks that I've really been enjoying this year. Some of them -Gasp! Shock! Horror! were hits. I've posted about Penny Century, Emma Pollock and Katie Sutherland a lot this year, and flagged up how much I've enjoyed Bat For Lashes and Wiley, but I thought I would highlight some other stuff I've loved.

Kate Nash -'Foundations.' mp3

King Creosote -'Leslie.' mp3

Tiny Dancers -'I Will Wait For You.' mp3

Calvin Harris -'Acceptable in the 80s.' mp3

Thrushes -'Aidan Quinn.' mp3

Justice -'D.A.N.C.E.' mp3

Hot Chip -'My Piano.' mp3

Von Sudenfed -'Fledermaus Can't Get It.' mp3

Timbaland -'Give It To Me.' mp3

Battles -'Atlas.' mp3

If you like the tracks, support the artists involved, and leave feedback.

It's going to be tough deciding my Top 50 tracks this year...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm most fond of the Hot Chip and Kate Nash songs on here. I need to purchase some Kate Nash music right away :)

Ed said...

Go for it, don'r forget to check out her track 'Caroline's A Victim' which is not on her debut (at least, not in the UK anyway) but I think is pretty damn good anyway.