Wednesday, February 27, 2008

(re)-presenting Bricolage



having done a post on one of Glasgow's finest up and coming bands a few days ago (the well-received Wake The President) I here re-present Bricolage as yet another fine example of scottish indie talent.

I have yet to see them live (they're playing Glasgow and London in the next wee while according to the blog, but not us folks here in Edinburgh) but after an excellent post by Matthew a few days ago over at Song, By Toad I relaised just how much I love them -and how anyone who hasn't heard them yet should not be allowed to miss out:

Bricolage -'Our Fires Electric.' mp3

Bricolage -'Temp It Up.' mp3

Bricolage -'The Waltzers.' mp3

There are two other tracks available to download over on their MySpace page, as well as downloading their three singles from iTunes or wherever else you can find them.

A big Orange Juice post is coming this way very, very soon BTW...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

'A big Orange Juice post is coming this way very, very soon BTW..'

Now listen up Master 17 Seconds - you are far too young to be wasting precious and valuable blogging space and time on bands that you were before your time. Leave that to us old buggers...

But seriously...I'm looking forward to it. But be prepared for a critical response if you don't get it 100% correct.....

Ed said...

'Master' -how wonderful to be young at thirty-one *sigh*. Well, I'll do my best, sir...

Huge Grunt said...

Aye listen to what JC says, any mistakes on the mighty Orange Juice and there will be trouble ;)

Bricolage, not bad at all, really like The Waltzers. Keep 'em coming!

Anonymous said...

I'm no Gary Numan fan but 'Our Fire's Electric' is the best song title I've heard in a long time. Great Band

Ed said...

Huge -hang on in there, I believe you will like it, glad you like bricolage.

Anonymous - good to see a joke and a thoughtful comment too!

Ed