Monday, December 04, 2006

Soothing sounds


Now I'm getting the hang of this! Trying to unwind and flicking through the stuff I have uploaded to my Ipod has reminded me that I really need to post this track to the blog, because as the second single of the former Pavement frontman's eponymous debut in 2001, it was a sign that Stephen Malkmus could go on to do great things. This was one of my favourite songs of 2001, the year I moved to Scotland. I never forgot this, but I feel like I have re-discovered it again over the last week or so...

Stephen Malkmus -'Jenny and the Ess-Dog.' mp3

Smitten? Thought you might be...

from that Eponymous debut:

Stephen Malkmus -'The Hook.' mp3

from 2003's Pig Lib

Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks -'(Do Not Feed The Oyster.' mp3

Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks -'Us.' mp3

and from last year's Face The Truth:

Stephen Malkmus -'Baby C'mon.' mp3

As always, if you like the stuff, please support the artist involved, either by buying at Amazon or on iTunes or at your local record shop.

All three albums are worth owning, though I love the first the most perhaps. And obviously, check out Pavement and Pavement guitarist Spiral Stairs' band Preston school Of Industry. Maybe that might just be another post... : )

No comments: