Monday, March 12, 2007

Letterbox records: not London based!!

Hi there, if you've tuned in again. The last week has been difficult, am signed off work and am muddling through. Right now, I'm not in the mood for writing much, so i'll let others do the talking...

Back in August, I did a post on Letterbox Records. At the time, they had two bands signed to them, The Arrogants and The Amateurs. They now have seven: as well as the aforementioned, they have Aaron Schroeder, California Snow Story, Penny Century, and Watoo Watoo.

Not only are the bands great, but it's also fantastic to see a record company operating out of Cumbria, rather than, say, London (I lived in London until I was thirteen, so I can say what I like).

Go here and check out the bands, and make friends with them on MySpace.

Then go and buy the records, see them live etc.....

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Ed, just to say hang in there with your muddles and be a bright button (gag!).

PS, I think there was a typey-o in the URL for the label, but I tracked them down and those bands are delightful. Thanks!

Ed said...

Hi Elizabeth,
glad you enjoyed the bands. have checked the typing - seems to be working okay now.

Ed